Monday, July 16, 2012

Catching Fire

This was a particularly hard review to write, especially when I try to make it viewable for all readers. I loved reading this book, and I spent an entire day reading it on my Kindle. That's how much time you should budget for it. A whole day.
The story picks up after Katniss returns from the Victors Tour, following the end of the Hunger Games. However, the tone throughout Panem has changed a lot and it seems that there is a growing unrest about the control that the Capitol has over the districts. The Hunger Games has hit the seventy-fifth year, meaning it is time for the third Quarter Quell, which celebrates the anniversary of the Capitol's defeat of the Districts with a special twist included in the Games. The directions for the Quarter Quell were created and appropriately labeled during the founding of the Hunger Games, so no one knows what will happen untill the envelope is opened and read. Usually there is an added obstacle or tribute requirement that is not normally in the regular Hunger Games. This time the instructions seem very sinister and suspicious. I found myself shouting at the Kindle and very worried about some of the characters. That is all I can say about the story without spoiling anything in the plot. All I can really say is the Panem that we were introduced to in "The Hunger Games" is changing, and we see just how much control the Capitol has over the districts. Happy Reading! -Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment